Introduction To Legal Nurse Consulting
A Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC) is a licensed, registered nurse who performs a critical analysis of clinical and administrative nursing practice, healthcare facts and issues and their outcomes for the legal and healthcare professions.
“I got so much out of it….Every Registered Nurse should take this course!”
This course is designed to give you all the information you need to get started as a Legal Nurse Consultant. It focuses on the role of the LNC as an Expert Witness and takes you from the initial inquiry by a lawyer through all the details in the process until you produce an Expert Report. The course is designed by Chris Rokosh RN, President of Connect Medical Legal Experts who has personally been an expert in over 300 medical malpractice cases. So she really knows what is important to know before you do your first case.
- The Role of the Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC)
- Expectations of the LNC in practice
- Steps in the litigation process
- Adverse event analysis – Medical record review
- Developing a case chronology
- Essential elements of the written expert witness report
- Working with lawyers, communication, invoicing, promoting your services
- 14 hours of CE