"Shift. Change. Empowering Nurses with Medical Legal Knowledge"
"This book is a must read for all nurses. You need to get it into the schools of nursing as part of the curriculum.
Nurses need to know and you do it brilliantly!"
Nurse Clinical Educator
As a Legal Nurse Consultant and the president of one of the largest medical legal expert and education companies, Chris Rokosh RN, PNC(C) offers unique insight into the world of medical malpractice and nursing negligence.
Chris has analysed hundreds of malpractice lawsuits and appeared as an expert witness in court multiple times. Her career is now focused on sharing the medical legal lessons learned with nurses everywhere.
"Shift. Change. Empowering Nurses with Medical Legal Knowledge" is not only a great read, it offer an accessible opportunity for nurses to learn invaluable lessons about the legal risks of their job.
"Shift. Change." is based on the belief that legal knowledge can improve healthcare outcomes and promotes an understanding of nursing responsibility as a way to improve patient safety.
This is your opportunity to:
- Learn about the medical legal landscape and the process of a lawsuit
- Learn how the courts will both view and judge your nursing practice
- Identify the most frequently sued nursing specialty areas
- Identify the top five issues in nursing negligence
- Learn valuable tips to minimize the legal risks in nursing
- Work through a nursing negligence case study
- Improve your medical legal knowlede
This book is eligible for continuing education for nurses from all specialty areas including RNs, RPNs, LPNs, NPs, NAs, Midwives, student nurses, risk managers, policy makers, nursing managers and nursing and clinical educators. Check with your professional association.
The price is $40 including taxes and shipping.
Invite Chris Rokosh to speak at your event
Chris is an engaging, humorous and motivating speaker. Her captivating stories move the audience with real life medical malpractice cases that offer practical lessons for all nurses.
The knowledge gained will inform, help to improve nursing practice and documentation.
Thousands of nurses and healthcare professionals who attended Chris's seminars said that they left more confident, motivated to improve their practice and documentation and assured of the value of patient centred care.
Chris is available for keynote speeches, ½ or full day presentations, workshop leader, and panel participant at nursing, leadership, healthcare and business conferences.
Partial list of engagements:
- Alberta Nursing College/Association Centenial Conference, Edmonton
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Annual Conference, Denver, Pittsburgh
- Nova Scotia RN/LPN Annual General Meeting, Halifax
- Canadian Obstetrical Malpractice Conference, Vancouver
- Birth Trauma Conference (in partnership with Thomson Rogers), Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver
- Canadian Association of Neonatal Nurses Conference, Montreal
- Legal Issues in Nursing, Ottawa, Guelph, London, Peterborough, Toronto, Hamilton, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Prince George, Fort McMurray, Lethbridge, Vancouver
- Canadian Bar Association, Calgary, Edmonton
- AWHONN International Conference, Los Angeles
- International Home Health Conference, Chicago
For availability and pricing, email us or call toll-free at 855-278-9273.