Connect Medical Legal Education Presents Introduction to Legal Nurse Consulting
A Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC) is a licensed, registered nurse who performs a critical analysis of clinical and administrative nursing practice, healthcare facts and issues and their outcomes for the legal and healthcare professions.
"I got so much out of it....Every Registered Nurse should take this course!"
This course will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to practice as a Legal Nurse Consultant, and can be applied as an independent consultant supporting the legal profession, or within the clinical environment or a testifying expert. It is taught by one of the most experienced and successful Legal Nurse Consultants and expert witnesses, Chris Rokosh.
The Live and Online training curriculum includes:
- The Role of the Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC)
- Expectations of the LNC in practice
- Steps in the litigation process
- Adverse event analysis - Medical record review
- Developing a case chronology
- Essential elements of the written expert witness report
- Working with lawyers, communication, invoicing, promoting your services
The Live Course provides additional education and includes:
- The Legal Nurse Consultant from the Legal Perspective
- A mock trial presented by top medical malpractice lawyers and judge! This is an extremely rare and valuable opportunity for potential LNCs!
- Operating as a Legal Nurse Consultant
- Marketing and promotion strategies
- Understanding the legal system and the legal process
- LNC Code of Ethics
- How to testify in court
You will be provided with a Certificate of Completion upon completion of this course, signifying that you have attained specialized knowledge in the field of Legal Nurse Consulting.
Funding assistance and continuing education credits may be available for this course. Contact your professional association.
Introduction to Legal Nurse Consulting has also been approved for Nurse Retraining funding. Check with your association if this is relevant for you.
Our online course costs $1,200.00, plus tax (total $1260.00).
Registration includes a free copy of Chris Rokosh's Book "Shift. Change. Empowering Nurses with Medical Legal Knowledge" - just enter in your shipping address on registration!
Our next live course is not yet scheduled. Contact us (click here) to be added to our mailing list!
Need more information? Call us at 855-278-9273 (toll free) or email us.