Connect Experts Trains Canadian Nurses as Legal Nurse Consultants
A Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC) is a licensed, registered nurse who performs a critical analysis of clinical and administrative nursing practice, healthcare facts and issues and their outcomes for the legal and healthcare professions.
This course will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to practice as a Legal Nurse Consultant in Canada, and can be applied as an independent consultant supporting the legal profession, or within the clinical environment providing objective, thorough adverse event analysis. It is taught by the most experienced and successful Legal Nurse Consultants in Canada
The Live and Online training curriculum includes:
- The Role of the Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC)
- Expectations of the LNC in practice
- Steps in the litigation process
- Adverse event analysis - Medical record review
- Developing a case chronology
- Essential elements of the written expert witness report
- Working with lawyers
The Live Course provides additional education and includes:
- The Legal Nurse Consultant from the Lawyers Perspective (presented by a lawyer)
- An actual mock trial presented by top medical malpractice lawyers and potentially a judge! This is an extremely rare and valuable opportunity for potential LNCs!
- Operating as a consultant in Canada
- Marketing and promotion strategies
- The Canadian legal system
- LNC Code of Ethics
You will be provided with a Certificate of Completion upon completion of this course, signifying that you have attained specialized knowledge in the field of Legal Nurse Consulting.
Funding assistance may be available for this course. Contact your provincial association or other nursing education funders.
It has also been approved for Nurse Retraining funding. Check with your association if this is relevant for you.
Our online course costs $1,795.00 Cdn, plus GST. It is available year-round.
Click here to see a course sample and a video chat by founder Chris Rokosh about what you can expect from the course.
Click here to register for the online course, You will receive an email with login information to our secure online training environment.
Our next live course is not yet scheduled. Contact us (click here) to be added to our mailing list!
Need more information? Call us at 855-278-9273 (toll free) or email us.