Are you a doctor looking for a unique opportunity to be an expert witness?
Representing the standard of care is critical in medical litigation.
When litigation does happen, medical experts are the critical resource to ensure that fairness and objectivity are front and center in determining fault and the resulting consequences.
A knowledgeable, unbiased, and forthright opinion on the care provided can result in the appropriate result in the review of a case. It is the only hope for a fair and just result.
We partner with medical experts who are at the top of their field, and are confident and capable in offering independent, accurate and thorough medical reports to our legal clients.
What role does Connect Experts play?
Initially we consult with lawyers, helping to determine the most appropriate medical expertises required and assisting the legal team in getting experts that are technically capable, well experienced and an excellent representative of the standards of care for each case.
A case manager works to support the physician expert through the proces and also help co-ordinate as necessary with other healthcare experts. We can:
- Receive the medical records and do some pre-screening to ensure that the medical and legal records are complete.
- Write a chronology that you can use as a guide and can include in your expert report.
- Discuss the case with you and other medical experts to help your analysis.
- Provide guidance on exactly what you should produce for a comprehensive and complete expert report.
- Review of your report before submitting to the lawyer.
- Handle the billing and ensure you get paid expediently.
- If you feel you are an expert that is willing and enthusiastic about representing Canada's medical standards of care, we'd love to work with you and support you.
We work with a wide range of healthcare specialists, including:
- Surgical Gynaecologist
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Internal Medicine/Intensivist
- GP with Obstetrics
- Infection Disease Specialist
- General Surgeon
- Oncological Radiologist
- Plastic Surgeon
Need more information? Call us at 855-278-9273 (toll free) or email us.