In light of our groundbreaking "Birth Trauma Conference" provided by Connect Experts/CanLNC and Thomson Rogers and held across Canada in 2013, Informa wanted to build on this idea and expand the conference leveraging their resources and abilities to produce a conference of similar focus with expanded topics and clinical representation.
This new 2 day conference will address key topics from the different perspectives of clinicians (Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Family Physicians, Midwives and Nurses), lawyers & insurers. Program topics will reflect the core theme that every woman is entitled to safe care during childbirth and include topics on risk management, ethical issues, the shifting legal landscape, analysis of common complications and detailed case reviews. The conference is suitable for all healthcare providers involved in perinatal care, lawyers, risk managers and insurers.
This conference will have some fabulous speakers - many of whom I have worked with - including:
- Richard C. Halpern, BA, LLB, LLM, Partner, Thomson Rogers
- Andrew Kotaska, MD, FRCSC, Clinical Director Obstetrics, Stanton Territorial Hospital
- Paul McGivern, Partner, Pacific Medical Law
- Linda Knox, RM, Head, Department of Midwifery, BC Women's Hospital and Health Centre & Providence Healthcare St. Paul's Hospital
- Michael Waite, Partner, Stones Carbert Waite LLP
- Melanie Basso, RN, MSN, PNC(C), Senior Practice Leader-Perinatal, BC Women's Hospital and Health Centre
- Joe Miller, Partner, Weir Bowen LLP, Barristers & Solicitors
- Chris Rokosh, RN PNC(C), President and CEO, Connect Medical Legal Experts
This should be a very informative conference. Join us in Vancouver March 26-27th, 2015. For more information, go to http://www.healthcareconferences.ca/healthcare-conference-events/canadian-obstetrical-malpractice-conference.