"Shift. Change. Empowering Nurses with Medical Legal Knowledge"
As the originator of Legal Nurse Consulting in Canada, the owner of one of the largest healthcare expert witness companies and a sought after expert witness and speaker, Chris Rokosh RN, PNC(C) offers unique insight to the world of nursing.
She has personally analysed hundreds of medical malpractice lawsuits and appeared as an expert witness in court. Her career is now focused on sharing the lessons learned with nurses everywhere.
Her new book "Shift. Change. Empowering Nurses with Medical Legal Knowledge" is the most accessible opportunity to learn invaluable lessons about the legal risks in healthcare.
"Shift. Change." was developed on the belief that legal knowledge can improve healthcare outcomes and promotes an understanding of nursing responsibility as a way to improve patient safety and avoid litigation.
This is your opportunity to:
- Learn about the medical legal landscape and an understanding of the legal process
- Work through a nursing negligence case study
- Identify the most frequently sued nursing specialty areas
- Identify the top five issues in nursing negligence
- Learn valuable tips to minimize your legal risk
This book is for all nurses from all specialty areas including RNs, RPNs, LPNs, NPs, NAs, Midwives, student nurses, risk managers, policy makers, nursing managers and nursing and clinical educators.
For Canadian Buyers
Invite Chris Rokosh to speak at your event
Chris is an engaging, humorous and motivating speaker. Her captivating stories move the audience with touching, surprising and real life medical malpractice cases that offer practical lessons for all nurses everywhere.
The knowledge gained will inform, help to improve patient safety and improve nursing documentation.
Thousands of nurses and healthcare professionals who attended Chris's seminars said that they left more confident, motivated to improve their practice and documentation and assured of the value of patient centred care.
Chris is available for keynote speeches, ½ or full day presentations, workshop leader, and panel participant at nursing, leadership, healthcare and business conferences.
Partial list of engagements:
- Alberta Nursing College/Association Centenial Conference, Edmonton
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Annual Conference, Denver, Pittsburgh
- Nova Scotia RN/LPN Annual General Meeting, Halifax
- Canadian Obstetrical Malpractice Conference, Vancouver
- Birth Trauma Conference (in partnership with Thomson Rogers), Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver
- Canadian Association of Neonatal Nurses Conference, Montreal
- Legal Issues in Nursing, Ottawa, Guelph, London, Peterborough, Toronto, Hamilton, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Prince George, Fort McMurray, Lethbridge, Vancouver
- Canadian Bar Association, Calgary, Edmonton
- AWHONN International Conference, Los Angeles
- International Home Health Conference, Chicago
For availability and pricing, email us or call toll-free at 855-278-9273.