Congratulations, Connect Experts LNC and patient advocate
Our Legal Nurse Consultant Jana Bartley has made headlines recently, and Connect Medical Legal Experts couldn't be prouder!
She's quoted in an article by The Globe and Mail about nurses who help ailing patients navigate the Canadian health system. Great job, Jana!
Read the article here.
Karen Lagden becomes Connect Experts' first fully certified Nurse Life care Planner
We salute our Calgary Cost of Future Care expert Karen Lagden.An RN with an 30 years' experience, Karen can now add more worthy initials after her name – CNLCP - Certified Nurse Life Care Planner – making her one of only 7 in Canada with this achievement.
Connect Experts leads way as Canada's medical/legal experts innovator
Connect Medical Legal Experts is proud to take part in conferences and other initiatives that support medical-legal expertise in Canada.
Here are some of the projects we've been involved in - and sincere thanks to those who helped us along the way.
- November - Legal Issues in Nursing is presented in Calgary and Edmonton to hundreds of nurses by Connect Experts leaders Chris Rokosh and Rosemarie Enokson. Presented thru NursingLinks.ca
- October - Our 'Introduction to Legal Nurse Consulting' coursein Toronto was a huge success! Thanks to our dedicated supporters including Madame Justice Carole Curtis of the Ontario Court of Justice, Lawyer Paul Cahill of Will Davidson, Lawyer Moya Graham of McCarthy Tetrualt, Accountant/Business Specialist Jennifer Boudreau of Comrie Boudreau, and Megan Rokosh of Anstice Communications for their contributions. We enjoyed working with these enthusiastic nurses at the InterContinental Toronto Yorkville Hotel.
- July: President Chris Rokosh spoke at CARNA (Central Alberta OperatingRoom Nurses) in Red Deer, Alta. about 'Medical/Legal Case Studies inthe Perioperative Setting.
- June - Chris Rokosh spoke atthe Alberta Association of Registered Nurses in Private Practice Conference in Red Deer.
- May - Chris Rokosh addressed members the Southern Alberta Canadian Bar Association Health Law Section about 'Working with Life Care Planners to AssessFuture Care Requirements'. The session was co-presented with Codie Chisolm of Bennett Jones of Calgary.
- April - Connect Experts took part in the Personal Injury Alliance's 'Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury' conference in Toronto. Excellent speakers and discussion on a valuable topic.
- February: Chris Rokosh took part in the Ontario Trial Lawyer's Association (OTLA) Medical Malpractice Conference in Toronto presenting 'Demystifying the Medical Record'.
- February: Chris presented to the Rockyview General Hospital's Geriatric Patient Inservice department.
- November: Chris Rokosh is published in Lawyer's Weekly - "Five Ways To Prevent Nursing Negligence".
- November: "Legal Issues in Nursing" is presented to nursing staff and executive in Guelph and Peterborough, Ont.
- September: Connect Experts President Chris Rokosh is featured on the cover of Canadian Nurse - "Bringing Clinical Expertise into the Courtroom". Thanks to Cuming Gillespie lawyer Maia Tomljanovic for also appearing in the article.
- September: 'Introduction to Legal Nurse Consulting' course held in Canmore, Alberta. Click here for details.
- September: "Legal Issues in Nursing - Communication", authored by Chris Rokosh, is published in the September issue of CARE Magazine - the first of a four part series of articles for the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta.
- May: Chris Rokosh is keynote speaker at the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia's Professional Development Day and Annual General Meeting in Halifax.
- March: Thank you to all that participated in and attended the "Canadian Obstetrical Malpractice Conference". This was a unique and valued opportunity to hear from all 'sides' of medical malpractice litigation - plaintiff and defence lawyers, obstetricians, midwifes, policy leaders, even plaintiffs.
- March: Chris Rokosh appointed Conference Chair for the Informa Canadian Obstetrical Malpractice Conference, held at the Renaissance Harbourside Hotel in Vancouver. For nurses, doctors, midwives, clinicians, lawyers and insurers, risk managers and healthcare administrators. http://www.healthcareconferences.ca/healthcare-conference-events/canadian-obstetrical-malpractice-conference.
- February: Alberta LPN Magazine "Care" publishes "Medication Errors" - part of a four part article series authored by Connect Experts founder and CEO Chris Rokosh
- Electronic Healthcare Law Review publishes 'Electronic Medical Records: Requesting, Reviewing and Understanding' authored by Chris Rokosh
- October: Chris Rokosh presents at the 2014 CAPWHN National Conference in Regina.
- September: Chris Rokosh is a presenterat the Western Canada Medical Malpractice Group conference in Vancouver. Chris presented on the evolving 'Standards of Care' to a group of Western Canada's top medical malpractice litigators.
- August: "Legal Issues in Nursing" is presented to 1,100 nurses in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Due to high demand and excellent reviews, additional dates are proposed for Ontario, BC, and Alberta.
- April: "Prepping the Medical Expert Witness" is published in Lawyer's Weekly - a summary of the presentation by Chris Rokosh of CanLNC and Paulette DeKelver of Weir Bowen.
- March: Chris Rokosh and Paulette DeKelver co-presented "How to Instruct Your Experts and Prepare Them for Trial" at the ACTLA (Alberta Civil Trial Lawyer's Association) seminars March 2014 in Calgary and Edmonton. Very well received (all ratings were Good or Excellent!), as well as stimulated some excellent discussion.
- February: CanLNC President Chris Rokosh is published in Lawyers Weekly - 'Health Records Going Far Beyond Hard Copy
- CanLNC Experts partners with Richard Halpern and Aleks Mladenovic of Thomson Rogers to present the inaugural 'Birth Trauma Conference' in Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto. Also thanks to the many lawyers who participated - Catherine Woods of Guild Yule, Kim Jakeman of Harper Grey, Paul McGivern of Pacific Medical Law, Valerie Prather and Anthony Friend of Bennett Jones, Craig Gillespie of Cuming Gillespie, Blair Carbert of Stones Carbert Waite, Barbara Legate of Legate and Associates, Daryll Cruz of McCarthy Tetrault and William Carter of Borden Ladner Gervais, as well as Dr. Howard Pendleton, and Dr. Dr. Michael McGrath and sponsors Hill-Rom and Henderson Structured Settlements.
- CanLNC Experts is proud to sponsor the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, and the Ontario Bar Association Medical Malpractice conferences in Toronto in April 2013 and the National Health Law Conference in Halifax in June.
- CanLNC Experts provides medical record translation services. We have bilingual nurses familiar with medical records, terms and shorthand who can effectively translate French to English or vice versa!
- Chris Rokosh, the President of CanLNC, was an invited consultant to the Canadian Trade Commission's Global Commerce Strategy meeting - an opportunity to participate in DFAIT strategy discussions.
Need more information? Call us at 855-278-9273 (toll free) or email us.